Tuscany was the original territory of the ancient Etruscans, and seems always to have had a different mindset from Rome and the other regions of Italy.
It could be said that no other province has had more impact on Italian – and European – culture than Tuscany. With its wine-soaked villages, art-rich cities, swathes of olive groves and truffle fields, and modern-fashion powerhouses (Gucci and Ferragamo, to name a few), Tuscany epitomises la vera Italia. Famed for its marvellous scenery, Tuscany is distinguished by colourful rolling hills, snowcapped mountains, dramatic cypress trees and miles of coastline – which all adds up to gorgeous views at practically every turn. Rich in history, encompassing the ancient, modern, urban, artistic and bucolic, Tuscany represents a journey of leisure, pleasure, and above all, discovery. In addition to the fame of Florence, Lucca, Pisa and Siena, countless other corners of the region hold delightful gems to which one can only wish to return.
Accommodation – Artimino Resort
Artimino is a 720-hectare estate situated in the heart of Tuscany some 15km or 30 minutes’ drive, from Florence. It is also the perfect location from which to explore the other historic Tuscan cities of Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa and Lucca. With its foundations resting on ancient Etruscan remains, the famous 15th century Villa Medici “La Ferdinando” has been chosen to host our extended main conference program. The UNESCO accredited Villa, the adjoining hotel and village complex sits amongst vineyards on top of a hill commanding 360° views of the picture perfect Tuscan countryside below. The resort will be exclusively reserved for our group with the majority being housed in the comfortable apartments located in the adjacent medieval hamlet of Artimino.
Unfortunately accommodation is limited to a total of 200 so please register early if you wish to partake in this segment of the conference program.
INCLUSIONS – Travel Package
- Accommodation on twin share basis at Artimino Estate, Tuscany for 4 nights
- Coach transfer from Rome to Tuscany
- Porterage and baggage handling charges
- Meals and touring as indicated in the itinerary
- Function attendance including:
- Welcome dinner in Tuscany
- Two light lunches in Tuscany
- Farewell Dinner in Tuscany
- Tips and gratuities for all organised activities
- Local taxes
INCLUSIONS – Registration Fee
- Attendance at conference sessions (Delegates)
- Conference satchel including Book of Proceedings (Delegates)
- Attendance at Pharmacy Assistant conference sessions (Pharmacy Assistants)
- Attendance at Accompanying Persons program (Accompanying Persons)
- Conference handbook
- Morning tea at conference sessions
Rome & Tuscany
$7,495 twin share per person
$1,970 single room supplement
See the daily program here